Add this recipe to your list of dishes that you can have on your table in less than 30 minutes. It’s healthy and delicious.
I love the simple taste of green beans drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt and a squeeze of lemon.
Make the green beans part of your antipasti platter or as a side dish at lunch or dinner, served warm or at room temperature.
I’m not a crunchy vegetable guy. I cook the green beans until they are tender to unleash their full, rich flavor. The red onion mellows in the lemon juice and adds a sweet crunch to the salad.
- 1 pound green beans
- ½ red onion
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Thinly slice the red onion and cut the slices in half.
- Put the onion in a bowl, add the juice of ½ lemon and the sea salt. Set aside to let the onion’s flavor mellow in the lemon juice.
- Put on a pot of salted water to boil.
- Cut off the stem end of the green bean and cut them in 3-inch pieces.
- Cook the green beans in boiling salted water until knife tender.
- Drain the beans well and add to the bowl with the onion.
- Add the EVOO to the bowl and mix the salad well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.